I made "Iceberg Treasures"!
Such a hot day.
We let them free the frozen things using spray bottles, paint brushes, forks, and salt.
Dinosaurs live in icebergs, right? RIGHT? It kept them busy a long time-yay!
In the end, we dunked two of them in the kiddie pool to help get the goodies out.
Since it was 104 that day, it was a nice way to cool off.
TREASURE ICEBERGS DIY:
1. Find a few plastic containers-salad bowl, shoe box sized plastic box, etc. Gather up your "treasures"...I bought a few cheapo mermaids and sea creatures from Dollar Tree, used shells we already had, a few random beads and bits of jewelry, and leaves from fake flowers to make lily pads and sea weed.
2. Fill you container. 1/3 full, and add a few drops of food coloring if you want an ocean-y color. Place a few things randomly on the bottom.
3. Place in freezer until frozen solid. Tip-make sure it's totally frozen, if not, when you pour the next water layer, it will crack and the next layer of treasures will sink to the bottom.
4. Add more water until the container is 2/3 full, add food coloring and more trinkets. Freeze.
5. Repeat with the final layer.